SWAN Vancouver relies on the devotion, passion, and action of committed volunteers. Every year countless hours are donated by skilled, engaged women from the community who have a fire in their heart for providing support and facilitating informed, empowered decision-making for newcomer, immigrant and migrant women engaged in indoor sex work throughout the Lower Mainland. The diversity of backgrounds, heritage and languages makes SWAN a truly unique feminist participatory action network that is flexible and strong enough to support the women we serve through whatever challenges life throws their way.
SWAN invites you to join our non-profit to provide outreach, advocacy and engagement to im/migrant women engaged in indoor sex work.
Support and training
- SWAN provides orientation, training, supervision, and coordination.
- Volunteers will be accountable to another volunteer (SWAN Collective) or staff person.
Recognition and benefits
- Develop and enhance professional skills in a social services environment
- Opportunity for personal growth in a culturally respectful and sensitive environment
- Valuable skills for a resume
- SWAN will provide a reference letter upon request and after a volunteer has satisfactorily completed her term.
Currently SWAN is seeking volunteers with, but not limited to, the following skills sets:
- Mandarin and Cantonese speaking, writing and translation (other language proficiency will be considered) ; health services; fundraising/donor relations; public relations and experienced outreach workers.
- Im/migrant women who do sex work are always welcome. Confidentiality and privacy are always maintained.
If you are interested in a volunteer position, please contact us at 778 865 6343 or email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!