Public Education Initiatives
– We publish a newsletter (SWANzine) four times a year. SWANzine provides current social, health, legal and safety information and resources. SWANzine is available in Chinese and English in print and on our website.
– We collaborate with community groups and participate in committees, forums, conferences, task forces and roundtables to raise public awareness and work towards policy change on issues affecting the women we work with.
– We provide in-services to community agencies to better understand and effectively and respectfully provide services to the women we support.
– We collaborate with international organizations to work for the rights of newcomer, migrant and immigrant women and sex workers, in countries of origin and countries of destination.
– We are a member organization of the Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women, a human rights-based anti-trafficking international network of anti-trafficking, women’s rights, migrants’ rights and women workers’ rights organizations.
SWAN carries out evidence-based research on sex work in im/migrant communities. SWAN also develops knowledge on the national and transnational dimensions of human trafficking from a critical perspective.
Research & Publications by SWAN Members